Sharkfest '12 Retrospective
June 24th - 27th, 2012
UC Berkeley, Clark Kerr Campus | Berkeley, California
- Global Wireshark Developer and User Community Connected Through Successful Sharkfest '12 Educational Conference
- Riverbed Announces Sharkfest 2012
+ Keynote Presentation
+Beginner/Intermediate Track Presentations
- BI-1: Using Wireshark Software as an Applications Engineer by Tim Poth
- BI-2: Introduction to IPv6 Addressing - (Part 1 of 4) by Nalini Elkins
- BI-3: It's Not the Network! The Value of Root Cause Analysis by Graeme Bailey
- BI-4: Using Wireshark Software with a Cloudshark Plug-in by Joe McEachern and Zach Chadwick
- BI-5: ICMPv6 - (Part 2 of 4) by Nalini Elkins
- BI-6: Wireshark Software and 802.11ac Wireless Evolution by Joe Bardwell
- BI-7: VoIP Analysis Fundamentals by Phill Shade
- BI-8a: Wireshark Software Case Studies by Phill Shade
- BI-8b: Wireshark Software Case Studies by Tim Poth
- BI-8c: Wireshark Software Case Studies by Megumi Takeshita
- BI-8d: Wireshark Software Case Studies by Graeme Bailey
- BI-9: Application Performance Analysis using Wireshark Software and Riverbed Technology Cascade® Software by Mike Canney
- BI-10: Build a HOT Security Profile Using Cool New Features! by Laura Chappell
- BI-11: Inside the TCP Handshake by Betty DuBois, BI-11 Trace Files
- BI-12 Wireshark 1.8 – 16 New Wireshark Features to Drool Over! by Laura Chappell
- BI-13: IPv6 Transition Techniques (Part 3 of 4) by Nalini Elkins
- BI-14 IPv6 Address Planning (Part 4 of 4) by Nalini Elkins
- BI-15: Using Wireshark Software as an Applications Engineer by Tim Poth
- BI-16: Using Lua to Implement the Cloudshark Plug-in by Joe McEachern and Zach Chadwick
- BI-17: It's Not the Network! The Value of Root Cause Analysis by Graeme Bailey
- BI-18: Understanding Encryption Services Using Wireshark Software by Larry Greenblatt
+Advanced Track Presentations
- A-1: Deep Dive Packet Analysis by Hansang Bae
- A-2: Understanding Encryption Services Using Wireshark Software by Larry Greenblatt
- A-3: Tuning Win7 Using Wireshark's TCP Stream Graph (case study) by Rolf Leutert
- A-4: Leveraging Openflow to create a Large Scale and Cost Effective, Packet Capture Network by Rich Groves
- A-5: Analyzing WLAN Roaming Problems (case study) by Rolf Leutert
- A-6: Open WIPS-ng by Thomas D'Otreppe
- A-7: Wireshark Software in the Large Enterprise by Hansang Bae
- A-8: SMB/CIFS Analysis by Betty DuBois, A-8 Traces and Profile Files
- A-9: Spectrum Analysis & Visual Packet Analysis by Ryan Woodings
- A-10: Tuning Win7 Using Wireshark's TCP Stream Graph (case study) by Rolf Leutert
- A-11: Pervasive Visibility in the Clouded Data Center - Distributed Real-Time Monitoring and Wireshark Software Drill Down on-Demand by Rony Kay
- A-12: Effects of Receiver-Side Window Scaling on Enterprise Networks by Christian Landstroem
- A-13: Secrets of Vulnerability Scanning: Nessus, Nmap and More by Ron Bowes
- A-14: SSL Troubleshooting with Wireshark Software by Sake Blok, Additional Lab Files
- A-15: SMB/CIFS Analysis by Betty DuBois, A-15 Traces and Profile Files
- A-16: Deep Dive Packet Analysis by Hansang Bae
- A-17: Secrets of Vulnerability Scanning: Nessus, Nmap and More by Ron Bowes
- A-18: Effects of Receiver-Side Window Scaling on Enterprise Networks by Christian Landstroem
+Mixed Bag Track Presentations
- MB-1: SSL Troubleshooting with Wireshark Software by Sake Blok
- MB-2: SSL Troubleshooting Hands-on Lab Files by Sake Blok
- MB-3: Trace File Case Files by Jasper Bongertz
- MB-4: More Trace Files Case Files - Hands-on Lab by Jasper Bongertz
- MB-5: Troubleshooting from the Field by Herbert Grabmayer
- MB-6: Introduction to WiFi Security and Aircrack-ng by Thomas D'Otreppe, MB-6 Trace Files
- MB-7: Network Forensics Analysis: A Hands-On Look at the New Paradigm in Network Security by Phill Shade
- MB-8: Powershell: The New Command Shell for Windows in Combination with T-Shark by Graham Bloice, MB-8 Presentation Capture Files
- MB-11: Trace File Case Files by Jasper Bongertz
- MB-12: More Trace File Case Files by Jasper Bongertz
- MB-13: Building Your Own Wireless Packet Capture Platform by Mike Kershaw
- MB-14: What's Old is New Again: Evolving Network Security Threats by Phill Shade
cPacket Networks is the emerging leader for network visibility and response. The company's innovative technology for Pervasive Network Intelligence relies on its unique patented silicon chip and novel system architecture. It provides best of breed solutions for network intelligence, visibility, and security.
cPacket products include traffic monitoring switches, active and passive probes, flow balancers, and latency measurement tools with time stamping and clock synchronization. cPacket's products are deployed in a broad range of industries including telecom, enterprise, industrial, finance, and government.
cPacket's technology enables real-time screening and detailed performance monitoring of vast amounts of data across multiple links in complex distributed environment.
MetaGeek makes easy-to-use visualization tools for wireless spectrum and packet analysis. With Wi-Spy spectrum analyzers and Chanalyzer visualization software, MetaGeek enables professionals to make wireless work the way it's supposed to. MetaGeek also launched their latest troubleshooting tool - Eye P.A. - the first step to understanding your Wi-Fi network. Aggregating the data, it transforms the bits and bites of 802.11 .pcap files into color-coded multi-layered pie charts, allowing you to see trends and issues for quick network troubleshooting. Start with Eye P.A. to identify what's happening, then export findings to Wireshark® software for more in-depth analysis.
Big Switch Networks virtualize today's networks into open software-defined networks that adapt to your business needs. Based in Palo Alto, our team is composed of industry experts in virtualization and networking, serial entrepreneurs and researchers from Stanford University who were early pioneers of Software-Defined Networking and OpenFlow.
CloudShark introduces the concept of "packet surfing" - bringing the power of web technologies to network packet captures. A first of its kind private-cloud-based appliance, CloudShark lets you secure, view, analyze, annotate, share, and collaborate on network captures in a browser or mobile device, anywhere, at any time.
Dualcomm makes patent-pending network taps currently used by thousands of satisfied customers worldwide. Because of their untraditionally ("unfairly") low cost, ease-of-use and remarkable performance and reliability, Dualcomm's network taps are becoming the top choice among Wireshark software users and other IT professionals. For more information, visit us online at: www.dual-comm.com.
Gigamon® provides intelligent Traffic Visibility Networking solutions for enterprises, data centers and service providers around the globe. Through patented technologies, the Gigamon GigaVUE® portfolio of high availability and high density products intelligently delivers the appropriate traffic from physical and virtual networks to security, monitoring or management systems.
Inside Products turns WireShark software packet traces into English. We have put our many years of networking expertise into an expert system. We point to the likely failing packets or devices so that you can successfully solve extremely complex problems quickly. Try our Problem Finder Products!
LoveMyTool is an Open Internet Community for Network Analysis, Monitoring and Management technology reviews. We review open source solutions to cyber evidence technology and articles from top analysts, like Tony Fortunato, Chris Greer, Joke Snelders plus many other technologists, and sponsored by the finest companies in our industry!
Napatech is the leading OEM supplier of 40 GbE, 10 GbE and 1 GbE intelligent real-time network adapters. Napatech network adapters provide real-time packet capture and transmission with full line-rate throughput and zero packet loss no matter the packet size. Intelligent features enable application acceleration and offload.
Wireshark University delivers quality training on network analysis, security and optimization using the world's most popular open source network analyzer, Wireshark software. Wireshark University also manages the Wireshark Certified Network Analyst (WCNA) program to confirm individual competencies and knowledge of TCP/IP communications analysis, using Wireshark software to troubleshoot various network issues, identify reconnaissance processes and indications of breached hosts. Visit www.wiresharktraining.com for more information.
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. For additional info, visit us at www.riverbed.com.